Skip to content

Done and dusted…

12 October, 2008

Well, on Friday I accepted a new job offer. I start on the 1st of December. I haven’t told my current employer yet, I was waiting for the official letter, which arrived on Saturday morning. I find my self having to wait until the end of October before I officially hand in my notice.

The timing for this has made me think, if I hand in my notice now, I can be free of it before I fly out to Miami, but that also means I’ll be 3 weeks without pay. Coming up to Christmas is that wise? If I hold on until 31st October I’ll get a full months wage and a possible bonus, but that’s doubtful as they’ll probabley withhold that as I’m leaving, even though the bonus year runs from August to July and I’ve worked all that. But as it’s a non contractual bonus, I guess they’re well within their rights not to pay out.

Can I keep my mouth shut until then? Will I tell them to stick their job before I get to the end of the month, will I be able to endure a few more of theose God awful management meetings with all the shouting and swearing without walking out? I guess I’m going to find out!

One Comment leave one →
  1. 12 October, 2008 9:23 PM

    Yay, congratz!!! 😀

    I’m going to be unemployed as of Tuesday… hope I’m not too far behind you on the ‘getting a new job’ stakes.

    Mike Says:- Thanks Milo, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: